Three must be the lucky number, because that’s how many times I starting quilting it and then spent some time with the seam ripper.
I finally settled on this little square as a starting point and went round and round without worrying about straight lines so much.
The background all pulled from my neutral scrap bin. I probably should have gone with darker thread. I had no clue how much the quilting would sink into the flannel bits. Hit the Spot has linen, Kona, flannel and regular print quilting cottons. I learned a bit about quilting with such a variety of different textured fabrics…no consistent stitch length. I’m not winning any shows for sure.
It’s now up as a sample for my Improvisational Quilting Class come March.
I started my Destash finally. There are the Boys Squares (see this post) available again and you don’t have to bid! I have a few sets so let me know if I need to relist. Things have been moving out already without me even mentioning it here. I’ll continue through the week.