Remember this quilt?
I showed and sold Psychedelic Baby at Quiltcon 2013. It is still one of my favorite quilts and block workshops to teach. I love blocks that provide so much design potential.
I instantly wanted to recreate Psychedelic Baby a little differently, so I upcycled the leftover bits into a new quilt with a little different take.
I’ll call it On Target.
Just as with any quilting I learned some things.
The amount of linen and shot cotton meant some stretching would occur and my choice of quilting didn’t help. As I reached the smaller outer edge with my “V” things started puckering. If I was to do it all over again I would stitch in the ditch between the blocks that create the “V” shape and then go back in between with the fill lines on the blocks. This likely would have stabilized it a bit more. I was also lazy on switching directions when quilting the same side and this certainly didn’t help.
But let’s not take things too seriously, it’s just a quilt.
On the back I showcased an Alexander Henry print that I love. This was all I had of it and I’m continuing on my path of using what I have to create quilt backs.
The binding I made twice. I wanted to reproduce the feel of the original quilt and selected the light blue with out auditioning it. Poor choice. This quilt needed the drama of the dark purple.
(Thanks Rachel of Wooden Spoon for the photo;)
I finished it up just in time for Anja and Paul of Island Quilter to take it with them to Quiltcon for their booth.
AND I have another layout in process to add to my Psychedelic Baby Quilt Block workshop samples.
I’d think it might never end, but I’m officially D-O-N-E with this color way.
Happy Week Peeps!
(p.s. thanks to my friend Krista for being my quilt holder;)