I’ve procrastinated quilting it long enough. I thought I’d long arm this quilt with swirls, but couldn’t make my date with Sandie so I went ahead last week and basted the beast.
I’m an over baster so I thought this time I would use my plastic template to draw out my quilting lines and get a visual on the best placement for the pins. Less moving them around=more quilting time right?
It did the trick.
The horizontal and vertical lines are nearly done. I believe it helped stabilize the blocks a bit for the crosshatch lines that will come next across the Essex linen.
I went a quarter inch from each seam and will use painters tape as a guide for the crosshatch.
My thought is that the quilting will echo the Xs and Os the blocks create in the secondary design. There’s a load of piecing to contain and tack down.
Sneak Peek of the back. So glad I went with the Cotton and Steel flannel.
Perhaps next week I’ll have something finished to show! I’m itching to play on the design wall with the same block in solids and get the workshop for this block put fully together.
Hope you’re having a great week peeps!
P.S. I’ve got one spot in my open sew Thursday, November 12th from 10am to 3pm and some spots in my workshops at Circa 15 fabric studio. Give me a shout out if you’d like to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll try to keep my Facebook page updated with classes and sew ins until I get my website up and running;) or follow along with Bloglovin.