I’m not much of a joiner, but I really admire the ladies (Katie of Swim Bike Quilt, Lee of Freshly Pieced and Faith of Fresh Lemon Quilts) that host this sampler. So when I was asked to design and contribute a block to this year’s I thought to myself to just keep it simple.
This year’s sampler is travel inspired and my thoughts went to all the solo and accompanied road trips I’ve taken throughout the years in the Southwest and those roads tucked between all that sandstone.
Thought I’d share the quilt mockup with you today! They’ve mocked it up in 3 different color ways, and Sewtopia will be offering solids kits [10% off if you pre-order here], and so will Mad About Patchwork in Canada!!
Beginning May 14th, each week they’ll share a quilt block inspired by a different global destination.
Katie, Lee and Faith have 10 guest designers this year including me, with a total of 18 blocks to make an 80” x 80” quilt, and we hope you will follow them on Instagram [if you don’t already!] and get to know them all a little better.
Our hostesses have picked out three color ways.
Save $5 with special pre-sale pricing! Now through May 13, Summer Sampler 2018 is available for a one-time payment of just $24.99 total. That gets you all 18 blocks and everything else listed below!
Summer Sampler 2018 includes:
• Fully-tested instructions for a new 12″ (finished) block each week, beginning May 14 and running through September 17
• Complete finishing instructions (delivered September 24)
• All fabric requirements and suggested Kona Solids colors
• Quilt mock-up coloring sheet for planning
• Weekly Summer Sampler newsletter email subscription with information about our inspiration, tips for sewing that week’s block, and other bonus content
• Access to a subscriber-only Facebook group to interact with other quilters and the designers
If you have already purchased, you should have received a “Welcome PDF” with fabric requirements and much more information about the quilt-along. (If you purchase now, you will automatically receive that and all other future files.)
The first block pattern will be sent the week of May 14.
Customers in the European Union: Please visit Lee’s Etsy shop to purchase this pattern.
Fabric requirements for the blocks: Approximately 2-1/2 yards of white for the blocks and a total of 3 yards of colored fabric to make the blocks, as well as 1 yard of white for the border and 4-5 yards of solids for the hourglass filler blocks. More detailed information is available in our Welcome PDF that you can download on purchase.